Give your AMG GT an aggressive makeover with this DUKE DYNAMICS AMG GT front splitter. This unique splitter design not only looks menacing but also greatly improves airflow and front end downforce. Fit and finish meet OEM Mercedes-Benz quality standards thanks to the parts 100% pre-preg carbon fiber construction.
The splitter assembly also features a unique acrylic coating process which protects the carbon fiber from any harmful UV and humidity degradation. This acrylic coating is applied inside and out to ensure full coverage and protection, unlike any other coating process. Once the acrylic coating is cured, the part is then covered using a high end automotive clear coat to create a beautiful gloss finish.
This splitter is designed to fit the C190 - AMG GT and GT S Model year 2015 and up. Modifications to the OEM front fascia are NOT necessary, installs with 3M double-sided automotive tape.
- What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
- To explain this process, in short, the fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn, is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed